Saturday, November 18, 2006

Adoption Seminar


Here are our girls...J and L (our international student from Korea).
Well, we travelled a few hours with the girls (J and L) to meet Dr. Baxter and learn more about attachment. It was very interesting. Met Drea and Luigi from our LID group. Didn't get a chance to meet Janet, but she was there. We showed up 10 minutes late, as I worked that morning and my hubby said he was sure it would only take two hours to travel...I said three hours...Ladies, guess who was right????
I have spent some time on the internet with our daughter looking at pictures of adopted Chinese babies with their American and Canadian families. She loves looking at those pics, and guessing which baby looks most like her new sister.
All of my girlfriends have been phoning, emailing, telling me names for our daughter. It's really strange because when you have a biological child, everyone asks if you are sharing the chosen names before birth...with adoption, everyone wants to name the baby...go figure. They have come up with some nice names, (Callista, Aja (pronounced Asia),...) but I think we will continue to toss around our five or six names that we have chosen. I feel pressure to choose a name soon, as I've noticed that most of my fellow adopters have already chosen names.
We are off to the cottage this weekend for some family time.
HAPPY 3 MONTH LID on October 12!!! My husband does not yet understand why we are celebrating the months that we do not have our baby.... It definitely passes the time quicker when you have a date to look forward to each month.
Krista

No comments: