Saturday, November 18, 2006

Our Miracle...

In light of the news we have recently received in terms of timelines to meet our daughter and welcome her into our hearts and family, I feel I should take the position of the "encourager" with our adoption group.
I posted a message to our group this evening, as everyone is very discouraged and they don't know what to do next. Can we do something? Most likely, not. We can only continue to pray. However, I hope that everyone can find some encouragement from my thoughts and my words.
I know that this whole process is very disruptive, (we can't move, change jobs, try other adoptive routes {as far as we know})...It is also very discouraging and disheartening. However, God or fate, whichever you believe, has led you to this place in time, for a reason. It is a place of emotional turmoil, but also a place that has been full of surprises in the past. This is a rewarding journey...and although it is not predictable, I believe we must all try to be strong, if not for ourselves, for the children for whom we can each provide a loving home. I too, have been an emotional wreck, and don't know what to do next. Friends and family on the outside looking in, are not as understanding as we would like them to be. But we do have each other, and this group can be a support to each of us.We were blessed by a "miracle" to have actually conceived our 4 1/2 year old daughter. We had been told after 3 years of fertility assessments that I would never carry a viable baby to term, even in-vitro was not an option. 4 weeks later we became pregnant, without intervention. Not only did I carry her to term, she was 4 days late. This is proof to me that miracles are possible, and for those of you without children, please do not lose hope. This dream will be fulfilled. It may not be on our timeline, but it will become reality. We will each have our "miracle".I am the encourager this evening, but I am not strong.We are thinking that our daughter in China, may be our third child, rather than our second. We are not able to get pregnant due to my health, and our infertility, which the doctors still believe exists, but we are looking at other options (surrogate, advertising,...).
What will be will be...
Hugs to all of you.
Krista

2 comments:

absolutegray said...

Just stopped by to say hi. Our little miracle will be 4 in January and was conceived after years of inferility and when we started the adoption process. We hope she will have a sibling soon and again have decided to adopt. Hopefully 2007 will bring a new baby into our family. Everyone says be happy for the child you have-but when you want one more-nothing can change your mind. Good luck to you!

Norma said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement. The whole process can be very depressing if we forget to look on the positive side.